As a gardening volunteer at our homelessness service you can support us with:
• Maintaining the ground (digging, weeding, netting etc)
• Planting, growing and picking vegetables
• Creating and maintaining flower borders
• Supporting and encouraging individuals to plan and develop ideas for the garden
• Keeping the garden tidy, ensuring any equipment is well maintained, stored safely and easily accessible
Difference this will make to the group:
We are lucky to have a large garden space for our residents to relax in. Our aim is to use social and therapeutic horticulture to improve residents mental and physical well-being and make our garden a tranquil space for all.
Residents staying at The Longford Centre like to also get involved alongside volunteers in helping maintain our gardens and the extra hands volunteer can lend make a huge difference to these spaces.