Help us generate editorial content and improve our media links
We are going through a period of change and expansion and we want to improve how we market and communicate about our activities, events and products and the impact we make. We are looking for people with experience of marketing and comms to help us create editorial content and to approach relevant publications (both local and national).
We would like someone to:
- Work together with the relevant staff members to build their understanding of what makes good editorial content
- Create a list of publications to approach
- Help us to draft some content that we can use for publications and on our website
We will make sure you have:
- A face to face meeting with us at our lovely centre to brief you on the task and to give you a tour
- A space where you can meet with the relevant staff members
- Access to the information and people that you need to do this task
- A named staff member as your point of contact, whilst you are working on this task
You will have the chance to:
- Share your marketing experience to make a difference
- Work together with our friendly and welcoming team
- Spend time in a unique environment and learn more about permaculture and gardening
Where will volunteering take place?
- Initial briefing meeting either on the phone or face to face at our centre
- Meetings with staff could either take place at our centre or at your offices (if you have space available).
- You could work remotely on creating the list and the content, from home or your work place or we can provide desk space for you at our centre
- Follow up phone call or meeting to talk us through the work you’ve done
- Staff will feel more skilled and confident about making contact with journalists and approaching high profile publications.
- We will have more success in gaining local/national coverage about our work.
- We hope that this coverage will attract more people to visit and shop at the centre and use us as a venue for events.