Help us build our relationships with local media - Remote
*This role can take place remotely.
We want to raise awareness about handball, reach new audiences and increase the number of people, who participate in our sessions. We are passionate about our sport and want to get more media coverage for what we do. We need help to build our skills and confidence in approaching media outlets and how to develop our relationships with them. We are looking for someone with experience of marketing/comms and particularly of gaining press/media covers.
We would like from you:
- Help us to understand how to first approach media outlets
- Help us to identify the best people to contact/approach
- Help us to create a template press release about our work, which we can use in the future.
We will make sure you have:
- A face to face meeting or phone conversation where we share information about our work and brief you on the task
- Access to our existing marketing materials and any data about our work that would be useful
- A named person as your point of contact.
You will have the chance to:
- share your understanding of comms to raise the profile of our sport
- learn about handball and have the opportunity to attend one of our training sessions (if you would like to)
- understand how participating in handball makes a difference to people’s lives.
Having this support will:
- Enable more young people to participate in handball
- Help people to get active
- Increase our profile in the community
- Increase our team’s knowledge, skills and confidence in media work