Could you help us build relationships with local businesses?
Having started in September 2018, our Sitting Volleyball Team has trained weekly and competed in 2 national tournaments, providing opportunities for people to stay fit, active and take part in team events. In order to continue to grow we would like to build relationships with local businesses, in order to attract awareness and sponsorship.
We would like someone with experience of influencing/relationship building to:
• Help us to plan the best approach to local businesses
• Help us to get clear about what our “ask” is
• Create email/letter templates that we can use
• Advise us about materials and information that we should share
We will make sure you:
• Have a consultation about what we need, the work we do and what we would like to achieve.
• Have someone available to answer any questions you may have.
• Have access to background information about Sitting Volleyball and our members’ experiences
You will have the chance to:
• Share your skills and experience!
• Use your experience of relationship building and influencing in a different context.
• Learn about the work we do
• Come along and watch or join in a Sitting Volleyball game (if you’d like to) and training!
In September 2018 we set up a Sitting Volleyball team primarily for those who are still ‘active’ but may be restricted through physical injury or impairment. We have had a good response but would like to expand what we do and get more people involved. We need to increase awareness and funds therefore we would like to secure sponsorship from local businesses – the time you give will help us to start building those relationships. Some of our players have been involved with sitting volleyball for several years, and indeed one of our team having represented Great Britain at the Invictus Games.