Can you bring our Salford Cycling stories to life?
We would like someone:
- who has a flare for writing case studies and interviewing participants to see how cycling has changed their life.
- who can bring a volunteer story to life of how volunteering has made them a better person and helped them to make a difference in the community.
Information about Salford Pedal Away:
Our Pedal Away rides are pitched at a low level so that anyone can join in no matter when the last time you got on a bike was.
They are social rides every Thursday aimed to turn people from dubious beginner to independent confident cyclist! Rides usually last between 1-2 hours and will feature a café stop during or at the end of the ride. Each ride will have a ride leader at the front of the group and volunteers at the back to ensure everyone stays together but we always welcome additional volunteers to support the social element of the ride.
We will make sure you:
• have a consultation with the team about what we need, an overview of the charity and its work, a brief about the filming project and what our ideas area.
• have access to a case study brief for the project and participants/volunteers to interview about their cycling and volunteering journey.
You will have the chance to:
• share your skills
• develop your case study skills
• learn more about Pedal Away and Cycling Projects
• support the project to grow and develop
• meet new people in the Salford community
• gain a better understanding of the voluntary sector in the local area.
- It will support us to market the project to the right audience.
- It will help people get a better idea of what participants and carers can expect from coming along to the Pedal Away Ride.
- It may increase the number of volunteers to the project as they know more about it.
- It may increase our donations and sponsorship.
- It will help as part of the evaluation for the project.