Safeguarding World Champion
Our safeguarding policy is fully compliant with current legislation and recommendations for best practice, it's robust, delivered well and is as dry as the Sahara to read and digest. Safeguarding is the cornerstone of our organisation, it informs and influences everything that we do. Why can't it also be something more inspiring to read and champion?
We would like from you:
- An open mind.
- A sound level of knowledge and experience around safeguarding.
- A consultation on safeguarding.
- A report with recommendations on how to improve our safeguarding policies.
We will make sure you have:
- A friendly welcome.
- An introduction to our work so that you understand more about what we do, our vision and goals.
- Space to work in our building and regular brews.
- A member of our team available to talk on the phone or face to face and to work together with you.
- Feedback about our experience of working together with you, which can be shared back with your employer, if you wish.
You will have the chance to:
- Share your knowledge and skills to help us grow roller sports in Manchester!
- Try out skating with us (you can bring your family along too, if you want).
- Understand our project and how roller sports work.
- Receive updates after you finish volunteering, so you can learn more about the impact your time and skills have had.
Having this support will make a difference in a number of ways. It will:
- Enable more people to access and experience skating and roller sports in Manchester.
- Build membership of our sports teams so they continue to grow and succeed.
- Support us as we transition to owning our own building and creating a dedicated centre for roller sports.
- Help us to work more effectively and expand knowledge and skills within our team.