Safer and Healthier - Scalable health and safety
We are in a period of high growth, high energy and big change. As our environment changes so does our organisation. We want to make sure even the smallest change is the healthiest and safest option for all. Whilst we have a health and safety policy, it's a dry, dull, infrequently referenced abstract piece of paper existing in a file. We want to give our health and safety policy the precedence and glory it deserves. For this, we need to know what can go in, what should go in and how we can go above and beyond to make our environment the healthiest and safest it can be.
We would like from you:
- An open mind.
- A sound level of experience in H&S Policy.
- A consultation on our H&S Policy.
- A report with recommendations on our best solutions and key considerations.
We will make sure you have:
- A friendly welcome.
- An introduction to our work so that you understand more about what we do, our vision and goals.
- Space to work in our building and regular brews.
- A member of our team available to talk on the phone or face to face and to work together with you.
- Feedback about our experience of working together with you, which can be shared back with your employer, if you wish.
You will have the chance to:
- Share your knowledge and skills to help us grow roller sports in Manchester!
- Try out skating with us (you can bring your family along too, if you want).
- Understand our project and how roller sports work.
- Receive updates after you finish volunteering, so you can learn more about the impact your time and skills have had.
Having this support will make a difference in a number of ways. It will:
- Enable more people to access and experience skating and roller sports in Manchester.
- Build membership of our sports teams so they continue to grow and succeed.
- Support us as we transition to owning our own building and creating a dedicated centre for roller sports.
- Help us to work more effectively and expand knowledge and skills within our team.