Event volunteers needed for international basketball tournament
Each year, we host the Haris Charalambous Memorial Basketball Tournament from 27-29 December. We would like volunteers to support us for part of a day, one day, two days or across all three days if they wish. (*This has the potential to be a small group volunteering opportunity. If this is something that interests you, please contact the Skill Givers Project Coordinator.)
Some of the tasks we would need support with are:
- Producing tournament passes.
- Helping us by washing and drying kit.
- Supporting us by making sandwiches.
- Cleaning courts and bleachers.
- Chaperoning teams between their hotel and the centre.
- Driving minibuses.
We will make sure you:
- Have a briefing about the event and are given guidance on where your support is needed.
- Are provided with any safety equipment/training as required.
You will have the chance to:
- Find out more about the work our charity does both at the centre and more widely.
- Meet new people.
- Support a good cause.
Your help will ensure the event is a success. The tournament, held at the end of each year, is to remember Haris Charalambous, one of the top players to come out of the Manchester Magic basketball programme.
Haris died suddenly while training with his NCAA Division 1 Toledo University team in October 2006. He showed all the qualities we desire in a Manchester player, both on and off the floor, and is a great role model for other players.
The event, which regularly attracts players from around the world, celebrates basketball, the community and reminds us all why we are involved.